I bring my experience as a nurse, wife, mother, missionary, together with my years of living cross-culturally, to my work as a counsellor. I enjoy counselling individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of concerns, including:
- cross-cultural adjustments and missionary re-entry
- ministry issues
- relationships (family of origin, friends, marital, co-workers, etc)
- trauma and abuse
- depression, anxiety, and phobias
- loss and grief resulting from bereavement or transitions
- career and life changes, including career counselling
- self-worth and self-compassion
- burnout and work related stresses
- assertiveness skills and boundaries
Because no two people are alike and everyone deserves an individualized approach I use a variety of approaches including Interpersonal Therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Self-Compassion, and Solution Focused.
I am accountable to a well-qualified supervision team that ensures my knowledge, practice, and ethics is held to the highest of professional standards. In addition, I am an associate member of the Professional Association of Canadian Christian Counsellors.